Living with back pain can be incredibly distressing. Back pain has a variety of causes that can turn acute pain into chronic pain and can cause symptoms to continue to come back. In order to effectively treat your back pain, it's important to find the underlying cause as well as get help from a chiropractor determine the best treatment options for you.
At Downtown Broadway Chiropractic, we're here to help our community members of New York, NY, Tribeca, NY, and the Financial District, NY, find relief fast from their back pain. We can help determine the root cause of your pain and help get you the help you need to live pain-free again. Here are some frequently asked questions about back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain has a variety of causes which originate in both the muscles and the skeletal system. These can include issues with the spine. Back pain is caused commonly by:
- Pulled or strained muscles, such as during exercise or when working a job that is physically demanding
- Sore or tense back muscles as a result of stress or lack of exercise
- Poor posture due to a misaligned spine, or scoliosis
- Compressed nerves such as the sciatic nerve in a condition known as sciatica. Bulging and herniated discs as well as spinal stenosis can also compress nerves and cause pain
- Osteoarthritis and other degenerative disc disorders common with older age
- Prior back injury or past surgery
Due to the various causes of back pain, our chiropractor can help to determine the specific cause and help treat the underlying illness.
How Does Our Chiropractor Determine the Correct Back Pain Treatment?
Our chiropractor will help get to the root cause of your back pain by conducting a full physical exam and may also use imaging tests. These imaging test can include x-rays as well as past images to determine the extent of your back pain and any underlying injuries. Once our chiropractor determines the cause of your back pain, he will use the right chiropractic care techniques.
What Treatments May Our Chiropractor Use to Help Treat Back Pain?
Back pain treatment can include massage therapy to soothe sore muscles, spinal decompression to alleviate compressed nerves such as in sciatica or herniated discs, and manual adjustments to realign the spine and improve overall well-being.
Find Relief for Back Pain
At Downtown Broadway Chiropractic serving New York, NY, Tribeca, NY, and the Financial District, NY, we can help you live free of back pain with the help of our chiropractor. Call us at (212) 227-2225 to schedule an appointment.