Back pain, whether it is stemming from an acute injury or chronic condition, it can disrupt your daily life. Thankfully, chiropractic care can help you overcome back pain, letting you live a comfortable and pain-free life. If you are in New York and back pain is a part of your daily life, schedule an appointment at Downtown Broadway Chiropractic with Dr. Allen.
Symptoms of Back Pain
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should see our chiropractor for back pain treatment:
- Sharp, dull, or shooting pain in the back region
- Muscle tightness
Don’t delay treatment or try to treat back pain yourself. Instead, book an appointment with our chiropractor for natural and effective treatment.
Causes of Back Pain
There are several causes of back pain, ranging from acute to chronic issues. Let’s look at some of the factors causing your back pain:
- Injury: Sports accidents, falls, slips, and auto accidents can cause injuries to your joints, muscles, nerves, and other tissues. You may also suffer a personal injury in your workplace or while lifting weights.
- Osteoarthritis: This inflammatory condition causes the wearing out of the cartilage, leading to pain and stiffness in the back.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is irritated, pinched, or compressed, you may experience pain radiating from the lower back to one of your legs.
- Herniated discs: Aging and injuries may cause your back structures to shift the discs out of place, irritating the spinal nerves. As a result, you may experience pain, tingling, numbness, and weakness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal column puts pressure on the spinal nerves and other structures, resulting in pain.
- Soft tissue injuries: Injuries to your back muscles and ligaments may cause swelling, pain, and reduced mobility.
While anyone can suffer from back pain, certain risk factors put you at an increased risk of back pain. If you are older, pregnant, overweight, or sit for long periods, you are likely to suffer from back pain.
How Chiropractors Treat Back Pain
Chiropractors look at the whole body instead of focusing on just the symptoms. For your back pain, we offer the following natural treatments:
- Spinal manipulation: This treatment aligns your spine to reduce pain and improve mobility.
- Massage therapy: This remedy targets the tense muscles in the back to encourage circulation while reducing pain and inflammation.
- Stretching: Chiropractic exercises increase your muscle resilience, reduce pain, and improve your range of motion.
Contact Downtown Broadway Chiropractic for Back Pain Relief
If back pain has become a part of your daily life and you live in New York City, contact Downtown Broadway Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with Dr. Allen. Call our team today at (212) 227-2225 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.