Many of the people in the United States suffer with neck pain at some point in their life. Chances are, you might find yourself struggling with this condition. Neck pain can affect anyone at any age and can have various causes. Without knowing the root cause of your neck pain, it can be difficult to effectively find relief and prevent symptoms from coming back.
At Downtown Broadway Chiropractic, we're on a mission to help residents of New York, NY, Tribeca, NY, and the Financial District, NY, get help for their neck pain. Our Chiropractor has much experience and can help people recover from various forms of pain and ailments, including neck pain.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain can be caused by a variety of reasons, including reasons related to the musculoskeletal system, injuries, and even certain lifestyle factors. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Spinal misalignment, which can be due to a previous injury (such as a traumatic injury to the spine), or due to a birth defect such as scoliosis
- Poor posture, either due to poor ergonomics or due to a misaligned spine
- Tense upper back muscles caused by stress
- Sleeping in the wrong position for several hours
- Herniated discs in the spine, more common in the lower back but can still be present in the upper back and radiate to the neck
- Muscle strains and sprains, such as a pulled neck muscle. This can occur due to improperly lifting an item or due to improperly lifting during exercise
These are just some of the many causes of neck pain that can severely impact your ability to be comfortable.
How Can a Chiropractor Find the Cause of My Neck Pain?
Our chiropractor will help provide neck pain treatment so you can start to feel relief. Our chiropractor will help determine the root cause of your pain by doing a physical exam that can pinpoint the origin of your pain. He may also conduct imaging tests like x-rays to help determine the presence of any underlying injuries.
How Can a Chiropractor Help My Neck Pain?
Our chiropractor will then conduct chiropractic care for relief, such as manual adjustments to gently realign the spine, stretches to help strengthen muscles, work ergonomic, lifestyle advice, and more.
Get the Treatment You Need for Neck Pain with US
At Downtown Broadway Chiropractic serving New York, NY, Tribeca, NY, and the Financial District, NY, we're here to help answer any questions you might have about chiropractic care and help get you on the road toward neck pain relief. Call us at (212) 227-2225 to schedule an appointment!